Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day Off Adventures...

In minor league baseball, it is rare to get a day off in the middle of the season. With no home game scheduled for yesterday - the front office had a nice little day off in honor the Memorial Day holiday. Here's how the front office spent their few moments of freedom...

Chris Rivera: Kayaking in Toms River, NJ

Stephanie Rosman: Shopping in NYC with my friends and spending a good few hours relaxing in Union Square park.
Michael Collazo: Visiting my brother is south Jersey!
Eric Peterson: Made the close to four hour trip to Baltimore to see the Orioles take on the Yankees at the beautiful Oriole Park at Camden Yards. I had quite possibly the best ballpark food ever, a huge hot dog and crab cakes. To top it off the O’s won and I somehow managed to miss all holiday weekend traffic on the way back.
Stu Smilowitz: Visiting some friends in NYC and hanging out on their roof deck in the nice weather.
Vernice Benvenutti: I spent my day -off with my daughter and husband at a friend's BBQ in S.Jersey. Great Food, great fun, the pool was open but I'm not ready for a bathing suit yet! (no time to shop!).
Lauren Jackson: My parents came to visit in the morning and we went out to breakfast. They were nice enough to bring my roommate and myself some food for our room since the cafeteria at school isn't open in the summer. After that, watched some youtube videos with my roommate until a group of us decided to head to the city to hang out at the ESPN zone and grab dinner at BBQs.
Stephanie Wray: Yesterday on my off day I just relaxed and spent time with my family. We had a small barbeque at our house and I spent the day planting a garden and playing with my two dogs. It was a nice day to just sit outside and relax.
John Brandt: Left the ballpark and drove to Allentown, PA to meet up with my wife and kids. My son was in a 29 team Memorial Day Baseball Tournament for 12 and under. That's a lot of baseball!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great everyone had the day off but Memorial Day means baseball. If you want attendance at the park do a nice promotion at the park on holidays!

The Newark Bears said...

Thanks for your message - however, the league sets our schedule, not us. THanks!