Saturday, May 17, 2008

Behind the Mic...30 Hours with Ed Kalegi (and counting)

Hello again from the press box. It is a beautiful day for baseball in Newark, and we are currently in the middle of another 15+ hour shift working the NCAA Division III Regional tournament.

With yesterday's rain out, there is much to catch up on...in terms of our conversations. Here are some continued highlights...

Ed Kalegi:.....now batting, Giovannie Sanchez. Ya know, that is my favorite name of the tournament to announce. 
BB: Really? My favorite one is Mike Guadango or Joe Fanceschini - because it sounds like you are saying "Francis Skinny." Did you know he was a member of the Toms River Little League World Series Championship team?
Ed Kalegi: I did not. Regardless, it has seriously gotten to the point where this morning I put breakfast on the table and said: (announcer voice)"here's the starting breakfast, eggs and toast."

....hours later

BB: Are you seriously reading my women's magazine over there?
Production Guy: yeah, it's literature - is that a problem?
Ed Kalegi: He's learning. He is trying to figure out what women want - so he can offer that. Ya know every time I go to the supermarket, I am tempted to pick up a copy of Cosmo so I can finally find that one spot that "drives him crazy".
(silence)

The tournament continues tomorrow - so be sure to check back for more riveting updates!




No comments: