Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Cleaning With Tony Mo

The Harrison Weather Center's own Tony Mondaro stopped by the Den today for a little spring cleaning. Bears Blog snagged the exclusive interview.

BB: How long have you been involved with the Bears?

TM: This is my 10th season working with the Newark Bears. Over the last 10 years I have provided daily forecasts and weather updates for the ball park, as well presented constant weather surveillance of the Newark area.

I have always been a big baseball fan. However, after the MLB strike of '94 I decided to pledge my allegiance to the minors, specifically the Newark Bears. It is such a better value. Fans can have a great day here at the ballpark for $25 bucks - that won't even get you a ticket to the Majors anymore!

BB: What are you most looking forward to for the 2008 season?

TM: Another championship!!

BB: What has been your favorite Newark Bears memory over the last 1o years?

TM: Winning the first championship in 2002. I still remember the time, the place, the out - it was great.

BB: What is your favorite memory of the Bears 2007 championship run??

TM: Probably my transformation from quiet weather man to crazed fan. Make sure you post that picture of me!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy